Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breast cancer awareness month



It’s now October and that means fall. It also means Halloween, haunted house and trick or treating. But it is also breast cancer awareness month.
            The world has gone pink for October. The football players of the NFL are wearing pink, stores are selling it and you are hearing about it everywhere.  Today I walked in the especially for you race against breast cancer walk.  The walk is to help fund free mammograms and other breast-care services to this area.
It was a chilly morning and early morning on the day of the walk, but my mom and I got up to go to the walk. When we got there; we found hundreds of people all wearing the same shirt with different logos on the back supporting people who had breast cancer. One of my mom’s friends was so excited to do this. She said “it makes me happy to think that all these people can come together for one cause”. I think this is true. Breast cancer is one of the big cancers in the public’s eye.
It may be because almost everyone knows someone who is affected by it. my mom has had a co-work who has survived breast cancer and I have had two teachers who are going through treatment of cancer.  These people develop a strongest that I think is amazing. They are going through something that is very tough and they are facing the best they can.
Breast cancer awareness month maybe focused on finding a cure but something we need to think about are the people who have gone through the process of kemo and still moved on with their lives. They are the people who I walked for today on this chilly morning. If you want to walk with the especially for you breast cancer walk you can click on the link above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment