Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Best Charater


Reading the hope unseen find myself not following the main characters as much as the side characters. The teachers are the ones I see the person I can relate to most to and it’s not me it is my mother. These teachers deal with kids who all there life have been raised by a low social class.  

                My mom works with these kinds of kids also; they come from the lower class home. But unlike the kids of Ballou they will move on from my mom’s class and go on to better ways. Are schools here aren’t as bad as the one Cedric goes to.

Though my mom works with these kinds of kids; she is not like the some of the teachers in the book. She is strong and she wants them to get better. She works with them and gets them to improve; they study better and also she teaches them ways to succeed; but the teachers of Ballou and even the MIT guy have lost hope. They show threw what I am reading that they have to only teach to the kids who want to learn and instill in them a want to learn and to go to a place better then were they are at.  

My mom has started to feel the way those teachers do. This is a sad thing to watch because she is really good at her job. With her years she has become a great teacher, but the students have started to wear on her good nature and feeling of doing something right.

If my mom were to go to a school that is better in the social class then she is now would that help her? Or would she work there and again feel dissatisfied with her work and the level of help she is giving. I hope that as time goes on that the teachers of the book a hope of the unseen that the teacher will become better and more focused on their kids like Mr. Taylor one of Clerics teachers.  I liked him because he had real compassion for Cedric and showed to challenging him and giving him work to make him a better student. The teachers at MIT were also good for Cedric in that they gave him a wake up call on how far he was behind. A good teacher I think is one who changes but also offers to help when a student asks or needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment