Sunday, February 3, 2013

A knight of books


       






Sir Terry Prachett, has been a published author scenes 1971 and he has written over all 56 books. Most of those books are in his Discworld series, which you don’t have to read in order because inside Discworld there are a bunch of characters and stories.

  My brother loves this author and I think he is also a good author.  If you haven’t read any of his books these are the ones I would recommend you start with.

I would say any of the books that involve the witches are good. That series of books I would start with “equal rights”. This one is a feminist one because it is about a girl who is a wizard but because she is a girl, she can’t be a wizard. So she and another witch go after the wizards and prove that she can be a wizard.

In my favorite one which is called “Masquerade” we have a little ripe off of the phantom of the opera taking place. The new witch that we meet is a girl who has the magical ability to sing, but she is not pretty so she goes into town from the country and tries out at an opera house. She makes it in but her part is to sing in the back.  The book really is a great one because in the end the phantom turns out to be the one person you expect but didn’t really, which makes it even more my favorite.
The next one would be the wee free men and the Tiffany Aching books. Those ones I love because Tiffany is a really smart girl and she wants to be a witch! The comedy part comes in when she meets the wee free men, a bunch of fairies, but they aren’t your normal fairies.


A book not in   the discworld series but good would be nation. This book takes place on an island. The island suffers a natural disaster and the people who survive this have to rebuild from what they have which isn’t a lot. It is a coming of age book for some people, taking on responsibility.  It is one of the funnier ones also so if you like comedy I would read this one.
These are just a few of Terry Prachetts work but they are the ones I have read so far. If I read anymore I will tell you about them and if they are any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment