Thursday, January 3, 2013

the dark knight



The dark knight

Last weekend I watched the dark knight with my family and after reading that essay on “should batman kill the joker?” I started to ask myself that threw the movie; shouldn’t batman just kill the joker?

The movie itself proves that batman can’t kill the joker. He can’t do this because he would become what he fights against and that would make him less of a protector of the city of Gotham.   A person to compare him to is Harvey Dent, he also fights crime in Gotham but in a different light.

But unlike bat man Harvey can be corrupted, which lead to his death at the end of the movie. What it shows is even if Harvey was a good person he couldn’t do what was right in his time of lost. Unlike batman who turned his whole life into a way of saving and giving back.   

I thought it was a good movie giving a different angle on a story and characters we all know. what I found was that my favorite character was Alfred for the reason that he was a good soul. He cared about Bruce and that was why he was so decanted to him.  He also suggests that the joker is just mad and he has really known reason of killing people other than that he likes to create chaos. This idea is a crazy one and it was proven by his willingness to throw away life and money. He is just the embodiment of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment