Thursday, September 6, 2012

Are we really that fat?


As I sit here munching on potato chips I ask a very important question. Are we really that fat?  Well the CDC says “more than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese.” (Found at http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html.) now does this mean I’m fat. No, I’m not fat, I swim twice a day for about four hours a day, I can’t possible  obese, but at school on the second day of school I was told nonverbally that I am obese in that they took my food away. Now they didn’t just give me no food, no they gave me a tinny tiny portion of food and then two fruits that don’t look quite ripe.
Food to me is just food. No matter how much you eat, that means that if you chose to eat a lot or not It shouldn’t matter. Now it does, because if I want a good portion of food I have to buy two lunches which is about what I normally eat at home.  At high school a school lunch is about 2.50 to 3 dollars.(http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5149925 )This is not cheap, more so if it doesn’t fill you up.
SO yes maybe we are fat here in America, but this doesn’t mean they can take away my food at school. To avoid this I have started pacing home lunch. This doesn’t help at all in that the lunch ladies are still cooking but they are wasting food because I’m not eating it. I feel that this is a reason that they should give us are food back, this is because if your obese then you can chose to eat less and exercise more thus they lose weight and I get my lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment