Thursday, September 6, 2012

Venice, Italy


Venice I want to do the things to see and place to eat. Now Venice’s most famous landmark is the canals of Venice, which are all over Venice because it is surrounded by water. Ca’Maccana is a mask shop which is right on a canal. I picked this place because a Italian mask looks so cool. They come in all shapes colors and ideas.   The mask would be great if you are in town for Venetian festival this is the place to go.  Another place to see would be the Teatro La Fenice, it and opera house and is one of the more famous ones of Italy. The Teatro La Fenice, has been burn down twice and restored both times.  If you love art in the form of statues I would say to go to the Santa Maria della Salute. It was designed by Baldassare longhena in 1631-83. The place has 125 statues and looks splined ( all landmarks where found at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187870-d196474-Reviews-Santa_Maria_della_Salute-Venice_Veneto.html )


Food to eat in Venice will be Fish because they are by the sea. So the Al Muro fish market should be a big stop. It’s on a Saturday, and the food will be on the lower side of budget for food. You can get a lot of food for your Euro at this event.  Da Luca e Fred would be my next pick for its good pasta.  The Al Nono Risorto can be expensive in the food department but its pizzas are great and are cheap. They pile on fresh ingredients and it looks to die for. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/jan/21/cheap-restaurants-venice-food-italy0 ) 


If I ever get on to Italy, I would love to see Venice. The place is so up there on places to see because of the feeling of romance and magic in the city.  Just look at the amazing the mask place I mentioned earlier, it would be a place I would love to see because masks amaze me. They just speak of mystery and of unknown dances and people. To follow this I would like to do one just on masks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment