Thursday, September 27, 2012

We are hungary


These two links show two total different sides of one story and that is that one policy fits all, we see this today all the time. Policy that were built to fit everyone and affect everyone but not always in the best way.  The “Healthy Hunger-Free kids Act of 2010” has impacted every kind of school not matter if you are in  high school or just starting out in  kindergarten.  
            This act was passed in 2010 but I’m now starting to notice the effects, my team mates and friends have started to bring home lunches because the food offered at school is not enough to fill them. We know that because I see it in school, kids buy two lunch.
            Now there are people who are fat, but with this policy those people who are working out for 1-3 hours a day need a lot of calories. The “We are hungry” video says we need “2000-5000 calories” if you’re an active student. For some people lunch at school is there only meal a day, “750-850 calories” are not enough.  Being in high school upperclassmen can leave campus here, this means that some of my class mates are running to fast food joints everyday just to get a meal that feeds them.
            The other video that I have is the one that Mrs. Obama filmed to tell us about this policy. I feel like this video was mostly propaganda on a policy that is making me starve if I don’t bring my own home lunch. She says that there will be new health food. I feel like all I got was the same canned food and a lot less protein.
With that a one policy fits all standard just doesn’t work, mostly because of the true fact that no two people are in the same exact boat on food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment