Sunday, September 16, 2012

Swimmer troubles


 


I read this article in the daily press and it got me thinking. I’m a student athlete,  I train to get better and I work out. Now my sport isn’t volleyball or basketball, are any of those truly famous high school sports. I’m a swimmer. That means that every day I get up and I go to school at 5:20 am to practice in the morning, then after school its straight to the pool to practice 3 to 5:30, final I will get to go home and do homework sleep and do it all over again. This is what it takes to be one of the varsity swimmers on the team.

The article suggest that it would be okay to stop having two a days for their preseason camps in football, but swimmers still do this and we don’t stop after school starts.  This is what it take to be good at this sport. What it takes to be good at another sport is a lot different. You don’t see volleyball players running 3 miles to get better at their sport. What you see is them practice spikes. These sport don’t require two a day practice not even to truly get better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment