Sunday, September 30, 2012

Why do we have homecoming?



I found this when I Goggled what is homecoming

  home·com·ing/ˈhōmˌkəmiNG/

Noun:
  1. An instance of returning home.
  2. A high school, college, or university game, dance, or other event to which alumni are invited.”
This isn’t what homecoming his to me. Homecoming to me is a week event with a lot of planning and you feel a little stressed the night of the dance.
Homecoming was last night for me and it was a lot of fun. I got to dress up in a pretty cute dress wear heels, and go dancing. I saw my friends and we a looked great. That’s one of the best parts about the dance. Now this week I spent the whole having fun dressing up and doing different themes to show spirit for our school.
          How did this all get started and why do we do all the things we do now. Like last night my grandmother stated that homecoming to her was just a dance in the gym after the football game.
What I found as I looked at some websites is that homecoming is a celebration of our school. Wither you go there or you are alumni.  I also found you don’t have to do it just for football. It can be for any sport you just have to plan it once a year.  
Homecoming king and queen are also a big part. This year it felt better to vote because I knew some or even most of the candidates for the court. They are just two people in the senior class who are very involved and well known at school.
Well we won’t talk about homecoming till next year, now onto shopping for a dress for prom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment